right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Columbia Science Honors Program

star8905star8905 1 replies1 threads New Member
Hi! I am a freshman applying to the SHP, but I don't know what to study for the test. I am only in geometry and honors biology and have no knowledge of physics or chemistry.
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Columbia Science Honors Program

• star8905star8905 1 replies1 threads New Member
    high honors geometry*
    · Reply · Share
  • Emptyabyss300Emptyabyss300 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Haha same thing for me. Did you take the exam already?
    · Reply · Share
  • walterbarbwalterbarb 1 replies0 threads New Member
    How will they be making decisions with the coronavirus situation and entrance exam cancellations?
    · Reply · Share
  • mhcclass1mhcclass1 5 replies1 threads New Member
    hey guys! I'm a sophomore and I'm currently in Columbia SHP (I applied last year as a freshman and was lucky enough to be accepted). I'm not sure how they'll make decisions given the current situation, since the entrance exam is a large part of their admissions decisions (your application doesn't make much of a difference). My guess is that they'll likely reschedule the exam or find some way to hold it virtually as it's the largest factor in their admissions process. Hope this helps!
    · Reply · Share
  • lol0522lol0522 17 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Hi, @star8905, I took the entrance exam last year, and was admitted. For the science portion, no outside studying is really required, as the examination only tests a broad shallow knowledge of each subject (middle school level even). If you want to feel extra prepared, some people feel that the hard math portion is difficult, and doing AMC 8 questions would help prepare you for that. However, if you already have qualified for AIME/ are comfortable with competition math, you'll be fine.
    · Reply · Share