right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

trouble with the online app

houstonbluehoustonblue 67 replies25 threads Junior Member
edited December 2004 in Columbia University
does anyone hate the online app? it is frustrating that they allow you to write so little.

but doesnt matter because i'm going to use it anyway

anyways, do you think it is okay to attach one more rec? and if so, how can i?
edited December 2004
9 replies
Post edited by houstonblue on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: trouble with the online app

• WillyShakesWillyShakes 224 replies37 threads Junior Member
    yes, I'm frustrated too.
    I was thinking about sending Part II through regular mail. Is that what you're doing? Or are you sending all of it through mail?

I'm sure you can attach a rec if you're mailing it in. Otherwise...I don't know
    · Reply · Share
  • jonojono 1111 replies5 threads Senior Member
    You can't attach recs online. . . . . they're supposed to be confidential, and there's no place to do it anyway. What are you talking about?
    · Reply · Share
  • asfafanasfafan 34 replies9 threads Junior Member
    I submitted Part 1 of my application like a week ago and it's still showing in my account as "started" or "not submitted." Does anyone know a way we can check to see the status of our application? Thanks
    · Reply · Share
  • houstonbluehoustonblue 67 replies25 threads Junior Member
    well if you did it through snail mail, then maybe it will take a while.
    but i did it online and it showed it right away.

also, my rec is not from a teacher but from a community service leader. so i didnt know how to send that. any answer to that?
    · Reply · Share
    Just have them send a letter in an envelope to the address your teachers sent your other recs to.
    · Reply · Share
    i'm getting the impression they dont like supplements

do you think its a good idea to add that in? i mean its not essential but i think it will add some sprinkles to my app.. who knows though
    · Reply · Share
    They only want extra recs if it's in a college setting. . . . I considered my extra rec like a college setting, so I sent in an extra one. Suit yourself. Read the FAQ carefully on supplements and then decide.

Has your person already written this rec? Are you sending it to other schools, too? Don't make this person feel like he/she wrote it for nothing.
    · Reply · Share
    well she wrote it for my colleges/scholarships so its okay.

i'm just scared that if she sends it seperately, it might get lost and they dont know who the recommendation is for.
    · Reply · Share
  • birdofprey425birdofprey425 657 replies25 threads Member
    I suggest you at least put your name, address, and ssn on the recommendation. That's what they ask for on most of the extra stuff.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity