Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Colimbia Interview (WHAT MAY THIS IMPLY

cokecoke Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
edited January 2007 in Columbia University
I think I did not ask for an interview in my application.. but why did the alumnus contact me for an interview a few days ago?? Is it a bad omen ?? It makes me a bit uneasy. -_-

Will the refusal of it affect my application? (I have not reply his email yet) How should I prepare for the interview if I go for it?

SOS^^
Post edited by coke on

Replies to: Colimbia Interview (WHAT MAY THIS IMPLY

• Kyo7Kyo7 Registered User Posts: 199 Junior Member
    If you are willing to take the challege of studying in a college like this, you should have no problem with an interview. By the way, you don't request an interview; you are supposed to have one. Refusing it without a good reason would certainly affect your application.
  • red sox 7327red sox 7327 Registered User Posts: 765 Member
    I can't think of a good reason to refuse an interview...
  • cokecoke Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    hehe definitely, i will not refuse this interview. just feel a bit suspicious..
    one of my friend said columbia does not require an interview.. but seems not to be the case..
  • bahbah Registered User Posts: 144 Junior Member
    When you apply, you go on the list to be interviewed by alumni.
    bah, do you mean it is selective? not everyone will get an interview, am i right?
    bcz one friend was not asked to go for an interview but he was admitted in ED..
  • bahbah Registered User Posts: 144 Junior Member
    I think it's based on who's available to interview at the given time.
  • DenzeraDenzera Registered User Posts: 3,371 Senior Member
    not everyone will get an interview, but that's because of insufficient supply, not because of selection on the student side.
  • Columbia2002Columbia2002 Registered User Posts: 4,529 Senior Member
    Refusing an interview w/o good cause is almost a sure-fire rejection. It's a way of telling CU you don't care to bother spending 45 minutes on the school.

A good excuse would be something like if you're contacted 3 days before the deadline and are out of town and tell the interviewer that you can't make it.
    got it!

so will the interviewer read my application beforehand? (what books i read, my results, my essays etc.)
  • DenzeraDenzera Registered User Posts: 3,371 Senior Member
    read other interview threads. they only know a basic EC list and academic interests.
This discussion has been closed.