Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Any specific envelope i have to use??

dillbilly123dillbilly123 Registered User Posts: 578 Member
edited October 2009 in Columbia University
Do i have to send my teacher's letter of rec. in a specific type of envelope?? also, does my teacher have to sign the seal??

thank you
Post edited by dillbilly123 on

Replies to: Any specific envelope i have to use??

  • DenzeraDenzera Registered User Posts: 3,371 Senior Member
    ordinarily, recommendations are given to your HS registrar, sealed, who then makes copies for each college to which you apply.

    if you have to copy and send them manually, yeah, i'd have them sign the back of the envelope across the seal. I wouldn't bug them hugely to do so.

    You can also give them the pre-addressed envelopes and stamps, as that's very courteous and respectful of their time.
This discussion has been closed.