Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

importance of mid term grades

cr_freakcr_freak Registered User Posts: 349 Member
edited March 2010 in Columbia University
my grades from class 9-11 are very good. top 5% good but my midterms are stellar. best in class for most subjects. so are mid terms more important than the other grades ? will it significantly boost my chances ?
Post edited by cr_freak on

Replies to: importance of mid term grades

• cr_freakcr_freak Registered User Posts: 349 Member
    ??? guy heading towards breakdown here !
  • GandalphGandalph Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    Senior year is very important. As to how it might affect your chances--it probably won't make or break your app though.
  • glitterz_iz_goldglitterz_iz_gold Registered User Posts: 86 Junior Member
    Well I just got a few "likely" letters. They both say that you will still be considered a good candidate unless your grades significantly drop or you commit some sort of disciplinary offense.

Thus said, mid-year reports are very important. They show the university that you don't slack, and will probably be one of the deciding factors in giving you that final nudge into acceptance/rejection pile. But it won't completely change your chances, if your other grades weren't as good.
This discussion has been closed.