right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Chances of Acceptance of Columbia

nonamesleftnonamesleft 14 replies2 postsRegistered User New Member
edited September 2010 in Columbia University
I know everyone wants everyone else to look at their random numbers and awards, but I'd appreciate some feedback. I'm hoping to be accepted to the 2012 undergrad class, maybe as an early app, as an English major. Information based on what would be on the early app.

Standardized Testing:
ACT w/ Writing:32
SAT:2050, (760-CR)
SAT Subject Tests: Bio-E -690
American History-700
Lit-800

Extracurriculars:
Band: Fresh, Senior (learning a new instrument-trap set)
Varsity Quiz Bowl: Fresh, Soph, Junior (team captain)
Varsity Basketball: Junior, Senior
Starter Varsity Football: Junior, Senior
FFA: Fresh, Soph
FBLA: Soph, Junior, Senior (Co-vice president)
NHS: Junior, Senior
StuCo: Junior, Senior
CYO: Fresh, Soph (Spititual Chair), Junior and Senior (Diocese of Wichita Catholic Youth Board)
School Newspaper: Senior
Forensics: Junior

Awards:
FBLA Nationals: 1st in Personal Finance, 9th in Marketing
Football: 1st team all-league Junior year
CYO: Outstanding regional youth Junior year
Class Rank: 1
GPA: 3.98

Notes:
There is no doubt I will receive perfect recommendations. I am easily the most accomplished student to come my school. (country school in Kansas though) Have taken the most rigorous course load available to me, even teaching my own classes for Spanish III and Marketing Junior year with overseer grading my assignments.

I know my standardized tests aren't very through strong, but I had some extenuating circumstances and I am firmly convinced of a 2250+ score on the SAT this fall.

I worked on my uncle's farm each summer during my high school years with 150+ hours each summer. (no official work record though because it's family).

My work with the Diocese of Wichita has been exceptional; I've taken a region (that I am the representative for) that had no communication or events and have totally reinvigorated it.

I believe myself to be a good writer, and expect a good essay.

I've received/have been a part of other awards and organizations, but nothing too substantial.
edited September 2010
2 replies
Post edited by nonamesleft on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chances of Acceptance of Columbia

This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity