Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

online app combined with paper teacher recommendations?

wahkimoocowwahkimoocow - Posts: 992 Member
edited October 2010 in Common Application
okay if one of my teachers chooses to do a paper submission as opposed to an online one, do still need to register him/her online?
what if i send her an invite, yet she doesnt accept (be/c she's "too old" for technology -_-) yet she still does the paper form and writes a letter for me..will that be acceptable?
also, how do i make sure that my paper files are correctly matched with my online submission? o_O
any help is appreciated
Post edited by wahkimoocow on

Replies to: online app combined with paper teacher recommendations?

• rebeccarrebeccar Registered User Posts: 2,039 Senior Member
    I don't think you need to invite her. From what I understand once the college receives anything from you, a file is set up for you and they'll wait until everything is in, whether it be online or paper. Not sure about the second part, but I know some colleges give you a username and password so you can see when your app is complete.
  • wahkimoocowwahkimoocow - Posts: 992 Member
    hmmm okay thanks
  • jgraiderjgraider Registered User Posts: 2,845 Senior Member
    okay if one of my teachers chooses to do a paper submission as opposed to an online one, do still need to register him/her online?
    No, you don't
    yet she still does the paper form and writes a letter for me..will that be acceptable?

Yes, that's fine
    also, how do i make sure that my paper files are correctly matched with my online submission?

Generally, once colleges get something from you, they create a file for you and will match the stuff that you send later to that file with the rest of your app. In other words, the school should handle it
  • wahkimoocowwahkimoocow - Posts: 992 Member
    great! thank you so much
This discussion has been closed.