Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Naviance stuck in a loop

Sheka4Sheka4 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
edited December 2014 in Common Application
In Naviance, my teacher recommendations where added in four days before break and have constantly said "in progress" ever since. It's currently the 30th of December and my school is in the middle of winter break, so has my counselor not have time to put it in or am I screwed?

Replies to: Naviance stuck in a loop

• LAMunivLAMuniv Registered User Posts: 1,504 Senior Member
    Check with the teacher directly. I believe it's up to the teacher to update the status, and some just don't - for example, one of mine still says "in progress" even though it was received by the college for my ED application, and the teacher confirmed that he had finished.

Also, I hope you didn't just ask your teachers four days before break - that's not nearly enough time for them to write quality, well-thought-out recommendations. (Recommenders are supposed to be asked at the very end of junior year or the very beginning of senior year.)
  • Sheka4Sheka4 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    No, my teachers had finished the application a few weeks before they uploaded it, and even emailed me about it as well. I've recently checked it and still says in progress. So I don't know weather I should see if I can send it off through the common app or email my counselor.
This discussion has been closed.