Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Common App not Downloading!!

Mimi2018Mimi2018 Registered User Posts: 331 Member
edited October 2017 in Common Application
Hi All, Well of course D waited until tonight to try to download everything into her common app, and it's taking FOREVER.

Is there any trick to getting things to run faster? Should we wait until later in the evening? We are on the west coast, so I'm wondering if once it hits midnight on the east coast things might start speeding up a bit.

Thanks for your help. Bitting my tongue while I write this for D.
Post edited by Chedva on

Replies to: Common App not Downloading!!

• pkchamp89pkchamp89 Registered User Posts: 612 Member
    @Mimi2018 I am thinking the volume of applicants may be affecting the speed because it is so close to the Nov. 1st deadline. Your D probably is one of many trying to complete and submit. Some people can't even get it to load.
  • Mimi2018Mimi2018 Registered User Posts: 331 Member
    AAGH!! Ok, so is this par for the course? I'm just wondering if there's a window at midnight-2am when the volume might slow down? And we can do it then? Or should we just wait it and and watch that circular thingy spin around all night until it loads?
  • Mimi2018Mimi2018 Registered User Posts: 331 Member
    She can no longer get it to load. Holy mother of G**. Any idea how many times in the past week I told her to get the bloody thing submitted?? About a million.
  • butuoxybutuoxy Registered User Posts: 28 Junior Member
    Common App twitter account says it will be closed from 11:30PM to 1:30AM eastern time.
This discussion has been closed.