Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Common App Submission processing for almost two hours... is this normal?!!

LisabeeLisabee Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
Of course, my son waits until the day before early decision day to submit his application. We hit the "submit and go to payment" button almost two hours ago.. The screen is still clocking away and has yet to bring up a payment screen. I believe we read don't touch anything or resend after you do it the first time. Given it's still clocking (nice blue dot spinning away in the middle of my screen!) should we just wait wait wait?!?! Thanks in advance!!!

Replies to: Common App Submission processing for almost two hours... is this normal?!!

• gclsportsgclsports Registered User Posts: 475 Member
    Sorry you are having that problem! Do not hit anything after you click to pay. S's seemed to hang up for longer than we expected and he hit the payment button a second time. The system then processed payment twice for the same school. It wasn't a big deal to get corrected, but it's just another thing to worry about.
  • LisabeeLisabee Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    thanks for the info! sadly, we haven't even made it to the payment screen yet.. still spinning blue dot.. it's gonna be a long night!!
  • gclsportsgclsports Registered User Posts: 475 Member
    Ugghhh. That sounds terrible. Crossing my fingers for you and hoping it won't be much longer!
  • MDSparkleMDSparkle Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    edited October 2017
    Did you try chatting with the Common App help? or e-mailing them? PS GOOD LUCK!!!
  • billcshobillcsho Registered User Posts: 18,405 Senior Member
    Last time it stuck in the preview window before submission. We ended up switching browser to finish submission.
  • FlippersMomFlippersMom Registered User Posts: 86 Junior Member
    Use a different browser. If you're using Internet Explorer, try Firefox, or Google Chrome to log into the common app and try again.
  • annabel101annabel101 Registered User Posts: 28 Junior Member
    I'm having the same problem... it's 10:58 time. I can't afford 2 hours to let it load :(
This discussion has been closed.