right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

If I apply for BS/DDS Program to a college, can I still apply regular decision to the same college?

cindylllcindylll 0 replies1 threads New Member
If I apply for BS/DDS Program to a college, can I still apply regular decision to the same college?
6 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: If I apply for BS/DDS Program to a college, can I still apply regular decision to the same college?

• GoldenRockGoldenRock 1901 replies5 threads Senior Member
    @cindylll Know nothing about BS/DDS programs but familiar with BS/MD programs.

1. No program will prevent you to apply to regular UG program.
    Though people may say (based on their own experience) very few schools may not admit UG if not selected for combined programs and if school believes the student has high chance for combined programs in some other schools if not their school (to protect their yield for UG - ex: WashU and Northwestern U for BS/MD).

2. Also few programs you may have to apply separately with all the nuances like transcripts, LOR, app etc. One set to regular UG and one set to the combined program office.
    · Reply · Share
  • seapdx2002seapdx2002 37 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Which schools offer BS/DDS programs? Thanks!
    · Reply · Share
  • rk2017rk2017 1582 replies0 threads Senior Member
    edited August 2019
    @seapdx2002
    Check this out, may be somewhat outdated information though, some of them may have discontinued. You can check each website individually and call up the schools if any questions.
    http://www.****/bs_dds_programs.html
    edited August 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • SpectralSpectral 25 replies4 threads Junior Member
    Yes, you can I believe.
    · Reply · Share
  • ramen2020ramen2020 80 replies1 threads Junior Member
    You can apply, but make sure if you actually want to go to the school, call the admissions office.
    · Reply · Share
  • ramen2020ramen2020 80 replies1 threads Junior Member
    People who don't get into dual-degree programs are often yield protected because schools know they are usually only interested in the program.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity