right arrow
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: 10s4life just graduated from UCLA with a degree in electrical engineering. He'll answer questions about his experience at UCLA or the college admissions process. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Can you round GPA on the common app?

spotup18spotup18 8 replies7 threads Junior Member
My GPA is a 4.453. Am I allowed to put 4.5 as my GPA on the common app? My counselor says I can totally do so. But I’ve heard mixed messages about it.
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Can you round GPA on the common app?

• skieuropeskieurope 41014 replies7677 threads Super Moderator
    edited July 2019
    My counselor says I can totally do so.
    Your counselor is totally wrong. What you report on the CA should match your transcript. If your transcript says 4.453, then the CA should say 4.453.
    edited July 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • suzyQ7suzyQ7 4930 replies66 threads Senior Member
    You don't have to report your GPA at all on the common app.
    · Reply · Share
  • lookingforwardlookingforward 35407 replies399 threads Senior Member
    The COmmon App says, in part, " If your school calculates both weighted and unweighted Class Rank/GPA, report the weighted value."
    But top adcoms don;t decide based on GPA, they look at the transcript for the letter grades, rigor, and balance.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity