Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Teacher recommendation

Astrophysics_07Astrophysics_07 Registered User Posts: 201 Junior Member
edited December 2008 in Common Application
Does common application provide teacher recommendation, or should I check back with my individual colleges? If provided, do I need to send it online or through paper?
Post edited by Astrophysics_07 on

Replies to: Teacher recommendation

  • Astrophysics_07Astrophysics_07 Registered User Posts: 201 Junior Member
    Bump, help please?
  • mangakjdmangakjd Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    Not all colleges require common application. It is the most popular but check with your colleges on their sites.
    If you are doing the common application online for your colleges, you should be consistent with the forms and also have the letters of recommendations done online. I'm assuming you registered to do your application online, you can find the tab on the left side that says, "School Forms". Click "Add" and fill in your teacher's information. They will get an email from common application with a username and password to log in a special link. This will lead them to fill out the recommendation online. However, there are teachers that do not know how to function a computer so there is an option in the email that they receive to "opt out" of online recommendations.
    If you are doing the hard copy of the common application (the whole application), you can print out the application and recommendation forms on the main site and have your teachers fill that out. Then mail it to the colleges that use it. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.