Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Add colleges on Comm App?

JunkerRikertJunkerRikert Registered User Posts: 173 Junior Member
edited March 2009 in Common Application
I am a junior in high school. I'm planning on applying to numerous colleges/universities by the end of this year using Comm. App. However, I tried to add some colleges on comm. app, but I couldn't not (apparently the deadline has passed). How can I bypass that, should I just wait until the Class of 09 admissions is over?

By the way, do questions and supplements on comm app change every year?

Thank you,

J.R.
Post edited by JunkerRikert on

Replies to: Add colleges on Comm App?

• hawkphoenixhawkphoenix Registered User Posts: 542 Member
    You should just wait until Class of 09 admissions is over. The common app essentially stays the same year to year from what I know. The supplements, however, may change.
  • pFNMCppFNMCp Registered User Posts: 793 Member
    All accounts on Common App get deleted in June, anyways. You're supposed to wait until July, and even then you have to wait until the colleges publish their new supplements.
  • JunkerRikertJunkerRikert Registered User Posts: 173 Junior Member
    I see. I thought I could get an early start, but I have to wait now.

By the way, would there be ample time for me to start, revise, and polish my resume in July?

Thanks.
    You mean to submit with your application? The earliest deadlines are like October 31st.
    That's right.

Also, if comm app. erases everything in July, how can I give my teachers the recommendation forms before the school ends in June?

Thanks.
    So yeah, you'll probably have 4 months to do the resume, if not 6. That's plenty of time. Unless I still don't understand your question.

Well you can't set up recommendations before July, really. I think the best thing to do--if you want to talk to them in June--is to ask them to do a recommendation for you and then give them a paper copy of the 2008-09 form (https://www.commonapp.org/CommonApp/docs/downloadforms/Teacher_Evaluation.pdf). Just tell them to not send it in; give them the 2009-10 form (or add them as recommenders on your Common App account) in the fall after the Common App people publish it, and hopefully the form will be exactly the same (besides the year listed at the top) and it'll be easy to transfer their evaluations/letters.
    All right, thanks!

Sorry for the inconvenience of possible misunderstanding.
    No problem, just didn't want to give you wrong information. =)
This discussion has been closed.