Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Stanford/UCSF Medical Schools - what schools do they prefer?

sandailisandaili Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
edited March 2009 in Common Application
I live next to SJSU, but I am a bit leery that neither Stanford or UCSF will accept me into their medical schools due to the lower reputation - making me have to have much higher test scores to compensate.

I went to Stanford's admissions page and their entering class information would not load, on either Firefox or IE.

So - I am also new to California. I have to transfer from a 2 year school to a 4 year still, (I am a 4.0 student in a community college), and I need to know if it is even possible. I know SJSU is good for engineering, and many at NASA near me have SJSU degrees. However, I am looking at medical school. I miss the human component in my studies, and it was always my first choice, engineering my second choice.

Does anyone have any insight? I have to start registering for classes today. The UC's are within my reach due to transfer agreements, but each is hours away from me, if not days.
Post edited by sandaili on

Replies to: Stanford/UCSF Medical Schools - what schools do they prefer?

This discussion has been closed.