Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Quick question about teacher recommendations

python38python38 Registered User Posts: 1,304 Senior Member
edited March 2009 in Common Application
If I ask them to write the recommendations soon and return them to me in sealed envelopes (so that I can send them at the same time as I submit the Common App), can I still waive my right to see the recommendation?

Thanks. :)
Post edited by python38 on

Replies to: Quick question about teacher recommendations

• pFNMCppFNMCp Registered User Posts: 793 Member
    It's your right. How the hell could somebody possibly tell you that you can't waive it?
  • python38python38 Registered User Posts: 1,304 Senior Member
    What I mean is that, if I waive my right to see the recommendations, does it still mean that I can get them early in sealed envelopes from the teachers, and send them off with the rest of the Common App much later in the year (without ever looking at them?)
  • pFNMCppFNMCp Registered User Posts: 793 Member
    By waiving your right, you're giving somebody else permission to ignore a certain law regarding you. You're not putting a new law into effect against yourself. You can get your recommendations whenever you want whether you waive your right or not.
This discussion has been closed.