Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

COMMON APP ERROR ON ESSAY Please help!

flamingofrickflamingofrick Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
edited March 2009 in Common Application
Please help!
For the personal essay I chose the second prompt "Discuss some issue of personal, local, national, or international concern and its importance to you" as a mistake instead of the first prompt, "Evaluate a significant experience, achievement, risk you have taken, or ethical dilemma you have faced and its impact on you" which I wrote about.

There was even an option for "Topic of your choice," which I could have chosen.
Will this jeopardize my admissions in any way? Or would the board of admissions have picked up on my mistake and read it as a "Topic of your choice" essay? Is answering specific prompts for common app crucial?

Replies to: COMMON APP ERROR ON ESSAY Please help!

• pFNMCppFNMCp Registered User Posts: 793 Member
    Who knows if you'll get docked half a point for not double-checking your app. But the essay is most likely not dependent on the prompt. Even if they don't realize it's an error and think that you're straying from the prompt, they'll still evaluate your essay itself.
  • flamingofrickflamingofrick Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    thank you i love you.
    :]
This discussion has been closed.