Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Can I get in?

MahoffmanMahoffman Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited April 2009 in Common Application
I have a 4.0 unweighted GPA and about a 4.25/4.3 weighted GPA and am 8th in my class. I received a 33 on the ACT and a 202 on the PSAT. I am taking the SAT and SATII's this summer. I am a very good triple and long jumper in track and field, a member of Spanish Honor Society, president of National Honor Society, captain of my Link Crew team, founder and coach of my school's Special Olympics club and foreign language student of the year in both Chinese and Spanish.

With these credentials do you think I have a shot at getting into schools like NYU, U of Chicago, UNC-Chapel Hill, USC, UCLA or any other top-tier "non-IVY" schools like those?

I am just curious and would be grateful for any information you can give me.

Thanks!
Post edited by Mahoffman on

Replies to: Can I get in?

• letmegotocollegeletmegotocollege Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I think you have a good shot at all the schools you listed above. None of them are far reach schools. Nice job in making your GPA into 4s. Your Standardized tests scores are excellent also. With those grades, you might be able to even apply to some Ivy Leagues Schools.
    I know you'll make into NYU because I know a person who made it in with 1900 SAT I, and 3.3 GPA (although he is from a hard prep school).

Wish you luck
  • light10491light10491 Registered User Posts: 1,174 Senior Member
    Why isn't this in the "Chance Me?" forum?
This discussion has been closed.