Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Common app??

MonochromeAddictMonochromeAddict Registered User Posts: 860 Member
edited March 2010 in Common Application
I'm applying for collleges next year, but I think it's better to prepare now.
An international applicant (from under represented country, if that affects anything...)
I want apply to HYP + Berkeley + University of Toronto + UBC + UPenn, do they share a common app? And perhaps the same essay topics?

This sounds stupid but I feel like asking lol :)
Post edited by MonochromeAddict on

Replies to: Common app??

• collegehappycollegehappy Registered User Posts: 712 Member
    HYP and UPenn use the common app so you can write the same common app essay and submit that to those schools. But they also have a supplement that is specific for each school. Yale requires another essay of your choice and Harvard's is optional and I don't know about Princeton. Berkeley uses the UC common app, if you want to call it that, that is common all all UCs, so you could apply to UCLA, UCSB, etc. all at the same time if you really wanted. Not sure about Toronto or UBC...
  • tomofbostontomofboston Registered User Posts: 2,373 Senior Member
    UToronto uses a common application along with other Ontario universities. It is not the American "Common Application". UBC and other Canadian schools use their own unique application.
  • MonochromeAddictMonochromeAddict Registered User Posts: 860 Member
    Oh thanks for the info guys! :)
This discussion has been closed.