Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Arrrrrrrrrrrr poop

ThrowingMusesThrowingMuses Registered User Posts: 134 Junior Member
edited March 2010 in Common Application
SADFAS;DHVSD5R;IH62O35810OWIHQSX

Goddammit. I went by Central Time instead of Eastern Time and now the deadline for Rice's Common Application submission has passed. I've paid the fee and submitted my supplements already. Do you reckon there's any chance they might make me an exception if I mail them my common app thing tomorrow?
Post edited by ThrowingMuses on

Replies to: Arrrrrrrrrrrr poop

• cadillaccadillac Registered User Posts: 886 Member
    I don't understand. Why are you posting this now when the application deadline for Rice was January 2nd?

Or perhaps you sent in your application months ago, only now realized it, and are considering to mail a paper version now?

Anyways, since so much time has passed already, I would advise against sending another copy. It's pointless - either they are looking/looked at your application or have ignored it altogether. I believe it would be the former because they shouldn't hold west coast or central people to Eastern Time. I've known of some friends who were accepted even though they submitted their applications 4 days late.
  • anagenesisanagenesis Registered User Posts: 341 Member
    ^ It's because the deadline for transfers was today. I would say if you're only late by an hour or so, it shouldn't be a big deal. Don't bother mailing the paper application. Most colleges have a grace period after the deadline. If you're really worried, email/call the admissions office tomorrow.
  • skaggsskaggs Registered User Posts: 267 Junior Member
    It shouldn't be a big deal at all. I agree completely with anagenesis.
  • ThrowingMusesThrowingMuses Registered User Posts: 134 Junior Member
    Thanks guys. I called them and apparently it was a technical problem and other prospective students have faced the same issue so they reopened it the next day. (:
This discussion has been closed.