Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

What does MidYear Download date mean?

LandofLincolnLandofLincoln Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
edited May 2010 in Common Application
On the common application website, many of the schools my daughter applied to are showing a MidYear Report Downloaded date that is weeks before the semester even ended. Even more concerning is that my Daughter had H1N1 during that time and had missed a number of tests. Grades in a few classes had fallen to C's and D's during the period of illness but recovered to A's and B's when the make up exams were completed. Should I be concerned that the MidYear Report Downloaded date is December 8th even though the MidYear grades were not finalized until early January?
Post edited by LandofLincoln on

Replies to: What does MidYear Download date mean?

• blueiguanablueiguana Registered User Posts: 7,496 Senior Member
    This may be an automated date that the colleges send a request to the HS. A mid-year report is available at different times from different schools depending on when semester exams are given. Some give semester exams before winter break, our students don't take theirs until late January.
This discussion has been closed.