right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Miscommunication in my Recommendation and Counselor Letter to UPenn, Duke, and Northwestern

emmagomezemmagomez 2 replies3 threads New Member
At the beginning of my senior year I was intending to pursue a biology field due to familial pressures but then I realized that my credentials and accolades looked better in the social sciences field. Also, I am just overall more interested in social sciences than I have ever been in science. I decided to switch my intended major to international affairs, but after I submitted my applications I realized that my counselor and one of my teacher reccs mentioned biology in my letter. They told me they didn't talk about it heavily but they did mention it as an interest. I am scared colleges will feel like I lied to them or am contradictory in my application. Should I send them a letter explaining this so that they can better understand my application. I already sent these applications in to UPENN, Duke and Northwestern and since these schools are competitive wouldn't it be better to send the letter as they usually place importance on these letters ? HELPPPP #panicking
edited January 13
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Miscommunication in my Recommendation and Counselor Letter to UPenn, Duke, and Northwestern

• izrk02izrk02 419 replies16 threads Member
    emmagomez wrote: »
    They told me they didn't talk about it heavily but they did mention it as an interest.

It sounds like its not that big a deal. If your ECs and major(s) are in the social sciences, then them just mentioning Biology as an interest makes it seem like you're well-rounded. If they mentioned Biology as your passion and said that you'll be an amazing scientist, then you should worry.
    · Reply · Share
  • emmagomezemmagomez 2 replies3 threads New Member
    By worry do you mean send an email or just have a panic attack and do nothing about it ?
    · Reply · Share