right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Verto Education gives first-year students the opportunity to travel, earn college credit, and graduate in four years. RSVP for their virtual fair on Sept. 29 and engage with them in an exclusive AMA session.
Get all the info you need to know to complete the FAFSA during our LIVE webinar Thursday, Sept 24, at 7pm ET. Hear from financial aid experts on deadlines, what documents you will need, and how your info will be used to calculate aid. REGISTER NOW and share your questions.
PARENTS4PARENTS: AfroPuffMom is the mother of two boys, a college junior and a high school junior. She has extensive experience reviewing applications for high-achieving, first-generation students. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our September Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

What do I submit for Mid-year and Final Reports??

KVN2099KVN2099 0 replies3 threads New Member
I am Costa Rican, and my high school cancelled all grades and reports for the remainder of my senior year due to the COVID-19 in my country. As a result, I am not sure what my counselor should submit as a Mid-year and Final report.

What should I do in my situation?
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: What do I submit for Mid-year and Final Reports??

• helpingmom40helpingmom40 432 replies10 threads Member
    Ask the schools you applied to.
    · Reply · Share
  • aimivyaimivy 10 replies0 threads New Member
    Work with your academic counselor in conjunction with the university's admissions department (or, better yet, your admissions officer). Universities, especially during this time, are understanding of COVID-related academic difficulties. Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
  • PikachuRocks15PikachuRocks15 448 replies2 threads Member
    Mid-Year reports are usually due in February as they include your first semester grades from senior year, so if you're starting college this Fall (2020,) you're likely only concerned with a final school report. If your college utilizes the Common Application or Coalition application, it can be submitted by your counselor via that application website.

First things first, email your assigned admissions counselor (you can find this information on the college's admissions website,) explaining the circumstances and asking for next steps. Also have your high school counselor (or person in charge of transcripts, if your high school doesn't have a set counselor-in-charge of helping students with college applications) to also email your admissions counselor with more information and a final transcript, or to include the information in the final school report they submit online.

Hope that helps!
    · Reply · Share