Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Sports at CC

KelsenKelsen Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
edited May 2012 in Community Colleges

I wonder if its possible to make sports in a CC just for fun and without any ambitions to achieve a scholarship or to become a pro. I could find a lot of information about the teams of the CC's which compete against others but I could not find any information for students who'd like to make sports as a balance for studying. I am interested in soccer, swimming & basketball. What do you think? Are there opportunities f.e. in De Anza, SMC, SBCC or mt. San Antonio... etc. ? Hows like the situation in general at colleges?

Thanks for your replies!!
Post edited by Kelsen on

Replies to: Sports at CC

• blankwallblankwall Registered User Posts: 87 Junior Member
    I have plans to try out for the football team at cc im going to. Im going to ccsf in san fran and their football program is the best. I feel like stuff like that will hep you make friends and drive you to do better in class.
  • KelsenKelsen Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
    Ok, thanks for your reply!

But it doesnt mean that I have to be a pro - so i can join the club just4fun?
  • KelsenKelsen Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
    Do you know any CC's which have very good sport facilities (especially swimming facilities) ?
  • JacobGreenJacobGreen Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    i think cc's should all have football soccer basketball and hockey teams. so then it kinda feels like your part of somthing.
  • curiousgeorgeecuriousgeorgee Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Of course you can make it fun. Sports are fun in general. I was a top high school track recruit but had bad grades so I ended up at a CC. I ran for a year but decided not to my second year. It's just like high school athletics; lots of fun and you meet new people. I did eventually end up running again at the university I transferred to though. A lot different at a D1 school LOL.
This discussion has been closed.