Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Becoming a Radiologist

LittleMixxMuffinLittleMixxMuffin Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
edited March 2014 in Community Colleges
I REALLY would like to become one... I know I can major in anything right before med school. And that's my problem I'm not sure what. So what are some of u majoring in for a 4 year degree?

Replies to: Becoming a Radiologist

• LittleMixxMuffinLittleMixxMuffin Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Sorry if it's the wrong category, new to the site.
  • dyiu13dyiu13 Registered User Posts: 2,866 Senior Member
    I knew a guy at an Ivy for an undergrad degree in the history of photography. Got into med school. Interesting.
  • zapfinozapfino Registered User Posts: 2,835 Senior Member
    It's much too soon to decide on a medical specialty until you've been exposed to the various specialties in med school.

Nonetheless, some majors that could provide a good background for a potential radiologist include Anatomy & Physiology; Biomedical Engineering; Physics (with a Health/Medical Physics track); Neuroscience (if interested in neuroradiology); possibly Computer Science; possibly Nuclear Engineering & Radiological Sciences (if any interest in a specialty in nuclear medicine)
  • UltimabladeUltimablade Registered User Posts: 585 Member
    CC's offer radiology tech as an A.A.S major where i live.
This discussion has been closed.