Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

I need to transfer from my cc to a uc as fast as I can

CrabAssCrabAss Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
I am a bioengineering major and looking to transfer to ucr and I would like some advice on how to transfer as soon as possible I am 18 and I am just scared of spending like 4 years here and going to a UC old. Thanks.

Replies to: I need to transfer from my cc to a uc as fast as I can

• CheddarcheeseMNCheddarcheeseMN Registered User Posts: 2,718 Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    Delete
  • GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC Posts: 22,742 Forum Champion
    UCR like all UC's only accept Junior level transfers, 60 semester/90 quarter units. If you have a significant # of AP credits, you could do it sooner. I suggest you look into the TAG program: http://admissions.ucr.edu/Home/transfer
  • CheddarcheeseMNCheddarcheeseMN Registered User Posts: 2,718 Senior Member
    I think crabass is a friend of prpinrni.
  • HeardWellHeardWell Registered User Posts: 75 Junior Member
    You'll likely need to spend at least 2 years in Community College before transferring since you intend on transferring as a Bioengineering major, unless you have AP credit in Bio, Chem, Physics, and/or Math. If you plan out your schedule carefully with a counselor then you should be able to transfer in 2 years.
  • CrabAssCrabAss Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I have made a plan with my counselor and I will be ready to transfer at 21 do you guys think that is too old?
  • blprofblprof Registered User Posts: 774 Member
    There is no such thing as "too old." People get their degrees at all ages. The most important thing is to keep working toward finishing. The worst thing to do is to decide you're "too old" at 21 to continue on with college and then find yourself 45-years-old wishing you had finished and figuring out how to get a degree with kids, a mortgage, etc.
  • bowling555bowling555 Registered User Posts: 106 Junior Member
    Most people who go to CC don't even graduate within 2 years, like only 30-40% do (this statistic includes those in vocational programs): I learned that when I started my first semester at MiraCosta College.
  • zettasyntaxzettasyntax Registered User Posts: 1,308 Senior Member
    I honestly don't consider 21 that "old" when the average student is typically 21-22 when they graduate college (assuming they don't graduate early or don't complete their degree within 4 years).
This discussion has been closed.