right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Major?

julyzahxojulyzahxo 43 replies34 threads Junior Member
Hi everyone I'm currently in my 3rd semester of school I need 2 more semesters to graduate which means I'll be graduating in December 2018 and I have to apply to 4 year colleges this summer. I spoke to a transfer advisor last week about my gpa and my major- things like that. Anyway, when she had asked me what I wanted to major in at my new school I originally said I wanted to major in communication and science disorder and minor in education just in case as back up I would be a teacher if I do not want to go to grad school to get my masters to become a speech pathologist. She told me that was a bad idea because I would get a lot of classes for my minor as in- education classes, student teaching, observing the students plus I would have my core classes for my major, she said how would I be able to handle that? I was stuck and confused I couldn't answer the question. I knew that I had wanted to get a job and start my career as soon as I get my bachelors so that's why I'm choosing to major in education once I go to my new school. I just wanted to know if you guys think I made a right choice? Also, if you could give me some advice about education classes how it is, how is the student teaching, observation in the classrooms? My gpa is a 3.2 right now, I'm going to maintain it this way until I graduate.
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Major?

• philbegasphilbegas 2924 replies73 threads Senior Member
    By graduating do you mean transferring?
    · Reply · Share
  • hertealeaves8hertealeaves8 4 replies0 threads New Member
    "It is possible to fail at your back up plan" -Jim Carrey

Don't settle. Ever. Now is the time to take risks. Education is NOT a shoe in career, especially if you aren't teaching STEM. Please, do what you want and work your ass off! Don't listen to your councilor.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity