right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We've updated the Topics page of our website to better organize and share our expert content. Read more about it here.

Dropped a class but registered for a new class in place of it. Financial aid changed

fjabbbbar89fjabbbbar89 1 replies1 threadsRegistered User New Member
Hello. So I was registered for a 4 credit Biology class in order to fulfill my 12 credit requirement to be considered a full-time student in order to receive financial aid. I had already had my classes pre-covered by the anticipated amount of money I was going to receive in October since I had completed my financial aid earlier this year. Though, today, I dropped the old Biology class and registered for a new one, still maintaining 12 credits. Though, when I was checking my account summary on my school website, it went from me owing $0 to me owing $975. Will the new class I registered for be covered? Will the new class take a while to process for the financial aid to cover it? Or will I have to end up paying the 975$??
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Dropped a class but registered for a new class in place of it. Financial aid changed

• happy1happy1 22759 replies2240 threadsVerified Member Senior Member
    Contact the financial aid office at your college Monday morning.
    · Reply · Share
  • twoinanddonetwoinanddone 22690 replies15 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Sometimes drop/adds don't happen at the same time. My daughter dropped one class and added another on the same day, but one 'took' and one didn't. I got a refund (the money went into my account and that's the only reason I knew it happened) for the class dropped, and then the next day the charge for the class added showed up on her bill. It did require that I go back in and repay that amount.

If your account doesn't get straightened out automatically, go to the FA office.
    · Reply · Share
  • fjabbbbar89fjabbbbar89 1 replies1 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Thanks guys for your responses. I'm going there tomorrow morning to straighten this out!
    · Reply · Share