right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new look with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return on Nov. 24. Read more about this here!

Not enough money to show evidence of Financial Support

YannicYannic 0 replies1 threads New Member
Hi, i am an international Student from Germany who wants to study at an Community College in America next year. I have everything i need for my application but the evidence of Financial Support. My father is going to support me with his bank account. The problem is that I have to show evidence of at least 20000$ but he only has 12000$ on his bank account. Now i am asking myself if he can get a credit from his bank (10000$), so he would have 22000$ on his bank account. Will i get accepted if half of the money I have to show evidence of is loaned by the bank?

btw, i am applying at chandler gilbert college
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Not enough money to show evidence of Financial Support

• DadTwoGirlsDadTwoGirls 7029 replies2 threads Senior Member
    Does your father have a job? His income could also be considered a means for support.

Why do you want to study at a community college in the US? This seems like an expensive way to get an education that is not any better than what you will get in Germany. Is this a "semester abroad" sort of thing (which we have done with good results)?
    · Reply · Share
  • blossomblossom 10705 replies9 threads Senior Member
    Have you asked your Dad if his bank is willing?
    · Reply · Share