right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Finding the right college for your unique situation can be challenging. Hear from other students who shared their admissions story. Download our FREE Student Voices - vol. 1, Student Voices - vol. 2, Student Voices - vol. 3, and Student Voices - vol. 4 eBooks NOW!
In an exclusive AMA for College Confidential, Gaelle Pierre-Louis, a former college admissions officer, reveals surprising insights on the elite college application process. ASK HER ANYTHING!
PARENTS4PARENTS: With the deadlines for ED/EA coming up shortly, thumper1 and happymomof1 will be answering questions and sharing their tips on how to build your college list. ASK THEM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our October Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

Morning Birds? College Schedule?

l_paynel_payne 54 replies17 threads Junior Member
edited March 2010 in Community Colleges
So who likes morning classes? I'm trying to sign up for early morning classes at my CC, but I hear that a lot of people don't like early classes. I'm thinking this is a good thing (so I can get the schedule I want).XD

When I was thirteen I went to a foreign language university and took the bus every morning at 7:45a.m. and enjoyed it. I don't even think that is early, but tons of kids think 8:00a.m. is too early for college classes. I'm not exactly a morning bird, but not exactly a night owl either. Guess that works to my advantage.
edited March 2010
4 replies
Post edited by l_payne on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Morning Birds? College Schedule?

• bookreaderbookreader 1968 replies53 threads Senior Member
    Advantage of morning classes- you get the best parking!
    · Reply · Share
  • cartersamcartersam 10 replies2 threads New Member
    I signed up for a class at 6:30 am. It was horrible. I'm not a morning person, so getting up at that time twice a week drove me crazy. I ended up transferring to a later class, which worked out well because I liked the time and the teacher more.

I don't believe that 8:00 is early though. I have a Chemistry class that starts at 8:10 and I've never had a problem getting to class on time, even though I have to drive 45 minutes to get to the school. Both my lab partners seem to have problems with getting up on time, however.
    · Reply · Share
  • EmilyChangEmilyChang 4 replies1 threads New Member
    You are an active student!

I also like get up early, because I have a clear head in the morning.
    If I don't get up early I think I am wasting a lot of time.
    Get out of the bed immediately once you hear the alarm is the best way to wake up,
    then you can bring a happy attitude to start the day.
    · Reply · Share
  • ayllalunesayllalunes 71 replies10 threads Junior Member
    well, I love waking up early, in high school I used to wake up at 5:45 and be there at 7., but I must admit I think much better at night and I figures the courses I've done better are all after 5. Still, I wake up early, but like having the option of just be in my college later. my school offers classes that start as early as 5:30 AM and some that start as late as 12:15 AM, which is awesome and I'm probably gonna end up taking next semester.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity