Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Request for Sub-Forum

13»

Replies to: Request for Sub-Forum

• LenitusLenitus Registered User Posts: 5,420 Senior Member
    Hello everyone...thank you for all of your input on this topic. I'm sorry, but we can't get the needed votes to push this through. I realize the Politics sub-forum had nothing to do with college and was not of much value to most people, but we had to create that as a way to keep the rest of the forums clean and unpolluted. Because we are speaking about a Cafe it is already assumed the topics will be widespread, so further dividing them out could begin a domino effect (if you separate out caring for aging parents, what about dealing with an empty nest, or purchasing a new house?). Our mods are already stretched thin, so adding more and more 'real estate' to the community would place even further burden on them.

We greatly appreciate your contributions to our community and admire your dedication to your parents. You can certainly continue discussions on this topic, but we just are not able to accommodate this request for a new sub-forum. We hope you will understand.
  • LasMaLasMa Registered User Posts: 10,884 Senior Member
    Thank you again, Lenitus, for the thought which you and all the mods put into considering this for us. We appreciate it.
  • ChuckleDoodleChuckleDoodle Registered User Posts: 753 Member
    Lenitus,

I appreciate what you and the mods do for us. Thank you again for considering this topic as a sub forum.
    Who knows, maybe the future will bring about change and the opportunity for this to be considered.

Have a great day.
  • LenitusLenitus Registered User Posts: 5,420 Senior Member
    Thank you, LasMa and ChuckleDoodle, for your understanding. We hope you can still find much value in our forums and are appreciative of your contributions!
  • momsquadmomsquad Registered User Posts: 1,085 Senior Member
    Yes! I don't get to check cc as often anymore, and would to find this thread more easily.
13»
This discussion has been closed.