Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Getting Straight As in college

BadgerGB7BadgerGB7 Registered User Posts: 55 Junior Member
edited September 2012 in Community & Forum Issues
I'm just starting my freshman year of college at a local community college. I need advice of how to make the transition to college and what you have found helpful to get good grades. I really want straight a's because I'm considering being a doctor or something in the medical field.
Post edited by BadgerGB7 on

Replies to: Getting Straight As in college

• TitoMoritoTitoMorito Registered User Posts: 795 Member
    If you post here, you'll get more advice: College Life - College Confidential

It's really the standard advice you hear: talk to profs, make use of study groups, study buddies, TAs, and tutoring centers, stay on top of assignments and make sure you know when they're due, don't overload yourself, strike a balance between work and play, etc. Also, don't be despondent if you get an A- or a B, as it's really not the end of the world, and worrying about it will just distract you from doing well in your courses.
This discussion has been closed.