Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

College Reccomendations?

leafraindcollegeleafraindcollege Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
Hi
I am a rising senior currently living in Portland Oregon and I am really curious about going to out of state schools/ out of my region. So far I have only read about top liberal arts colleges and "selective schools". I have been looking at schools like Western Washington, Gonzaga, Puget Sound, Reed College, and University of Oregon as they are in state or offer reciprocity. I do not need or want to get into these "selective" schools. Currently I have a 3.91 gpa, a 1300 Sat( though I was sick when taking it and am taking it one more time) and I participate in two sports(one varsity) and am a captain in one. I have a slightly competitive transcript with 4 aps but I struggle in math and as such only plan on taking PSU stats and have not taken calc or precalc. Additionally, I am Hispanic and grew up speaking English and Spanish. I simply would like a list of colleges that I could consider -maybe schools that could offer aid to Hispanic students, or want students that come from Oregon? Sidenote- I do not have a defined major which is why I'm looking at liberal arts schools.

Replies to: College Reccomendations?