Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Temple or Drexel for a real estate major ?

Drew6411Drew6411 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
I've been admitted to both to both temple and drexel for real estate and i was wondering witch I should go to.
They each have a lot of advantages Temple has a better campus life , an arguably better business school , great sports team and even after a lot of aid from drexel is it is slightly cheaper.
Drexel is an arguably better school as a whole, have a great internship program, a smaller class size and a higher salary after graduation

Replies to: Temple or Drexel for a real estate major ?

• thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 69,418 Senior Member
    What sort of real estate are you studying in college?
  • Drew6411Drew6411 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    edited January 9
    Well I don't really know yet. But i leaning towards property management for both residential and commercial properties. Each school only has 1 major so you can't really get that specific I don't think.
  • jnkam24jnkam24 Registered User Posts: 513 Member
    edited January 9
    did you mean to make a blank post?
  • austinmshauriaustinmshauri Registered User Posts: 6,971 Senior Member
    I think reported salaries include all majors, so if one college offers more STEM degrees they may report higher average earnings than a college that has fewer STEM majors. The salary you earn after college will depend on what your major is. I don't know how much property managers can expect to earn, but I think it must depend heavily on their location and how good the market is.

What's the net cost of each college? Can your family afford them without having to take parent loans?
    I don't know the exact numbers but I could pay for either out of pocket although temple would be overall about 20k a year cheaper even after financial aid.But Drexel has a great co-op program that would do a lot to make up the difference being that you have 3 co-ops experiences that pay around 15 thousand each.
    Also to your other point about property management salaries do vary quite widely by location and what type of management your doing if you do strictly residential according to salary.com in Philadelphia a property manager who does both commercial and residential property management can make 86-114 thousand