Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Chrome browser warning in CC

patsmompatsmom Registered User Posts: 4,327 Senior Member
edited January 27 in Community & Forum Issues
I only just noticed this today so I'm not sure when it started, but when I load CC in Chrome, I get a warning icon in the address bar that says "This page is trying to load scripts from unauthorized sources". This is what Google says about the warning -
Manage warnings about unsafe sites
You'll see a warning if the content you're trying to see is dangerous or deceptive. These sites are often called "phishing" or "malware" sites.

Get warnings about dangerous & deceptive content
Phishing and malware detection is turned on by default. When it's turned on, you might see the following messages. If you see one of these messages, we recommend that you don't visit the site.

The site ahead contains malware: The site you're trying to visit might try to install bad software, called malware, on your computer.
Deceptive site ahead: The site you're trying to visit might be a phishing site.
The site ahead contains harmful programs: The site you're trying to visit might try to trick you into installing programs that cause problems when you’re browsing online.
This page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources: The site you're visiting is not secure.
Download with caution: Some sites try to trick you into downloading harmful software by telling you that you have a virus. Be careful not to download any harmful software.

I do use Adblock Plus so maybe that prevents stuff from actually loading, but this is still very concerning. Any thoughts on this, @CCadmin_Sorin ?

Replies to: Chrome browser warning in CC