Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

"Your comment will appear after it is approved."

ucbalumnusucbalumnus Registered User Posts: 67,252 Senior Member
So I tried to post something, and the response was "Your comment will appear after it is approved."

It did not appear later, and there is no message or other indication why it was not approved.

What does this mean?

Replies to: "Your comment will appear after it is approved."

• JenJenJenJenJenJenJenJen Registered User Posts: 899 Member
    Well, obviously, as a brand new user, you're a bit of an unknown factor around here. Probably some oldie with as many as 10 thousand comments (can you imagine the seniority) will skim your proposed post before okaying it.
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 31,839 Super Moderator
    edited January 28
    MODERATOR'S NOTE:
    @ucbalumnus I answered your issue via PM.

For everyone else, as I've said before here, the message is usually caused by 2 things:
    • A word which is not allowed, generally a profanity or an acronym that if spelled out contains a profanity
    • A link which is not allowed, usually to social media or a personal blog or to a commercial site. Examples of links not allowed include, but are not limited to: Twitter, Facebook, Wordpress, Prepscholar, any url shortener (e.g. tiny url).

As an FYI, if your post is saved as draft, copy and paste into a PM to yourself. If something appears with asterisks, that is that part that you need to edit out.
    Post edited by skieurope on
  • momofthreeboysmomofthreeboys Registered User Posts: 15,937 Senior Member
    Huh I just had that happen with a post....no hyperlinks and no profanity or potential profanity or even robot perceived profanity...just the moderation message that it won’t post until “approved”. Sad state of affairs me thinks.
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 31,839 Super Moderator
    MODERATOR'S NOTE:
    Huh I just had that happen with a post.
    And I explained the issue to you in a PM.
    no profanity or potential profanity
    Actually, that was the issue. You made a typo on the word "shut." :)