Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How to PM someone

12346»

Replies to: How to PM someone

• Wombat921Wombat921 Registered User Posts: 17 Junior Member
    This is helpful. Thanks!
  • sdmareadersdmareader Registered User Posts: 18 Junior Member
    I see how this works now lol
  • hopefully21hopefully21 Registered User Posts: 19 Junior Member
    I have 16 posts but I still can't PM anyone?
  • MaineLonghornMaineLonghorn Super Moderator Posts: 37,306 Super Moderator
    @hopefully21, try logging out and then back in.
  • hopefully21hopefully21 Registered User Posts: 19 Junior Member
    @MaineLonghorn got it, thank you so much!
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 40,179 Super Moderator
    MODERATOR'S NOTE:
    I'm posting this to reach 15 posts
    As has been said many many times, posts such as this only result in the post being deleted and the user being warned for spam posting.
  • sirmixalotsirmixalot Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    @CCadmin_Sorin if I receive a message from someone who is able to send a private message and I respond will they get it if I don’t have 15 posts? It lets me send I’m just wondering if they will receive it. Thank you.
  • CCadmin_SorinCCadmin_Sorin Community Manager Posts: 2,270 Community Manager
    @sirmixalot, yes, the person will receive the message.
  • jjhh516jjhh516 Registered User Posts: 16 Junior Member
    this thread is really helpful, I've been looking for the PM button for days but I just couldnt find it. thank yoU!
  • jz_1234jz_1234 Registered User Posts: 16 Junior Member
    ^^ Same with me, thank you for clearing this up!
  • rmangiarmangia Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Glad to know also that there is actually a reason I couldn't pm somebody. I understand the goal behind the requirement, but lots of people have no reason to post because they don't have much to add if they are early in this process. But, for example, somebody with my exact question has a post which says for more info, pm me. So of course, that is relevant to me specifically, but now I have to really clog the forum with 15 silly posts. I don't have a better answer to the spammers, but now I understand why people often just comment things like "thanks" or something random. They are trying to increase their posts for this reason most likely. This forum is very helpful though. Thank you.
  • BUS23BUS23 Registered User Posts: 15 Junior Member
    Thank you so much! I’ve been struggling to find the button but I’ve got it all sorted out now :)
  • thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 73,755 Senior Member
    As a long time poster, I have to wonder why new posters who have posted NO questions on any threads...or started threads with their questions...would NEED to PM anyone.

This is a community of sorts. Asking the questions on a forum will give the poster responses from a variety of people with varying perspectives. In addition...that question and responses have the potential to also help others with the same or similar questions.

I’m not in charge here...but I would vote for 30 posts by new members before they can PM...and starting and asking questions on at least one thread.

As a respondent here..I seldom give any info via PM. My response is usually:

Post your question on the forum where you will get a variety of responses.
  • AboutTheSameAboutTheSame Registered User Posts: 3,019 Senior Member
    I have to disagree -- just a wee bit -- with @thumper1 post #88 -- because I can readily imagine MANY questions that a new member might have but might not want to post relevant details publicly.
  • JUP2020JUP2020 Registered User Posts: 18 Junior Member
    Had the same question about sending PM, it was good to find this link
12346»