Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Am I being a "conspiracy theorist"? Don't laugh...yet.

Replies to: Am I being a "conspiracy theorist"? Don't laugh...yet.

• MaineLonghornMaineLonghorn Super Moderator Posts: 33,874 Super Moderator
    ^What I was going to say! We have more issues with adults.

• jym626jym626 Registered User Posts: 53,677 Senior Member
    The parents (and adult non parents who also post here) are the ones stirring up the race and political issues? Do you see the venting applicants hypothesizing why they didn't get the nod and another applicant did as also stirring the pot?
  • XCBikeSwimSleepXCBikeSwimSleep Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    I think this satire essay will entertain all of you, if you haven't checked it out yet :^)
    http://www.wbur.org/cognoscenti/2017/03/24/satire-college-admissions-alexandra-fields
  • happymomof1happymomof1 Registered User Posts: 26,971 Senior Member
    @Lindagaf - I can't say that I've seen the posts you are commenting on. Maybe I just got lucky? I did see (and flag) two bizarre degree and test score for sale posts. :)
  • thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 67,893 Senior Member
    It’s still spring break in many places....just saying.
    Very entertaining article, @XCBikeSwimSleep
  • MrElonMuskMrElonMusk Registered User Posts: 814 Member
    edited April 10
    @skieurope @MaineLonghorn @CCadmin_Sorin
    I think this thread should be monitored carefully... https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/college-admissions/2073206-is-there-an-issue-with-the-rapid-rise-in-international-students.html#latest

This one's not about race or politics; it's about international students "flooding" American college admissions....
  • XCBikeSwimSleepXCBikeSwimSleep Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    It's so sad how there are some people who are literally trying to do anything they could in order to get into an Ivy-plus or elite university, with blames that should never be made; the pressure and the expectations forced on the children by the parents needs to be controlled.
  • LindagafLindagaf Registered User Posts: 7,581 Senior Member
    That thread was shut down, @MrElonMusk . I reported it, and I bet others did too. Flag the post on the post itself. You don't have to tag mods to get them to read it, they will be notified.

@XCBikeSwimSleep , please keep this thread focussed on the topic, which is the seeming abundance of suspicious posts at the moment. Though I did enjoy the link you posted:-)
  • Trixy34Trixy34 Registered User Posts: 146 Junior Member
    I'm new here, so I have nothing to compare to, but I'm certainly glad to hear it's not the norm. Could be people are emboldened by the political climate. Could be bots working at stirring the pot. Maybe a little bit of all of the above? I certainly don't think you're crazy.
  • lookingforwardlookingforward Registered User Posts: 26,066 Senior Member
    What I often find is that posters who over simplify with their finger pointing are guilty of the same superficial thinking that probably affected (or will) their own college apps. A sort of law of the fittest. Or, dumb is as dumb does.
    Found another one this morning. Looks like you've got him/her too. No, Berkeley does not have nazi like felons in black masks. Good grief. Glad you dealt with that one.
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 31,973 Super Moderator
    edited April 11
    MODERATOR'S NOTE:
    Actually @jym626, I only noticed it now thanks to your report. I might have found it eventually, but the reports do help us find things more quickly.
    Post edited by skieurope on