Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

College Confidential Relaunch

18910111214»

Replies to: College Confidential Relaunch

• coolweathercoolweather Registered User Posts: 5,630 Senior Member
    edited May 13
    I wonder the notification mechanism can be changed. Instead of notifying all new posts, the site only sends notifications on the threads that have new posts. Currently we have several notifications with repeated threads and they are not in any order. It's hard to parse out the threads and to know which oldest post of the thread to be read first. Also it would be nice to have an option to clear notification for each thread instead of clearing notifications for all threads.

Probably it's not too difficult for programmers to make this change: Only send notification on the first new post instead of sending notifications on all new posts.
  • jym626jym626 Registered User Posts: 54,020 Senior Member
    I still don’t see the need to delete the old pm’s. At not like they take up some limited bandwidth or get in the way. Then again I am one who doesn’t always delete old emails either. And sometimes being able to pull up old info is helpful.
  • scmom12scmom12 Registered User Posts: 2,888 Senior Member
    Ok I don’t know if this is a relaunch issue, but I just replied to a post. It was long enough to split into two paragraphs but when I went to post, it only posted the first paragraph.
  • TomSrOfBostonTomSrOfBoston Registered User Posts: 13,402 Senior Member
    As of an hour ago the top of each page has more gray space than before. Desktop Edge.
  • thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 68,534 Senior Member
    I would love to delete old PMs. I also delete emails after I read them.

Can this be done from an IPad...or only from a computer.
  • thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 68,534 Senior Member
    I found it...but it will take me a LONG time to delete all of the PMs I couldn’t delete while that feature wasn’t available!

I’m just not a saver of these things. But I do keep important PMs!
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 32,994 Super Moderator
    But I do keep important PMs!
    Like mine. :)
  • 10s4life10s4life Forum Champion UCLA Posts: 1,287 Forum Champion
    When accessing this site on iOS is anyone else getting a lot of redirections to ads that “mimic Facebook” and you have to exit safari to get rid of it?
  • vonlostvonlost Super Moderator Posts: 27,685 Super Moderator
    edited May 16
    Yes, many are. I installed iOS 1Blocker which stops them. These are likely automated ads placed through Google etc. They may be impossible to stop, short of some new web protocol. Cat and mouse; Google can stop one of them, and the crooks just create another.
  • TomSrOfBostonTomSrOfBoston Registered User Posts: 13,402 Senior Member
    Anyone else getting a spontaneous refresh of pages? Desktop edge.
  • jackTTjackTT Registered User Posts: 16 Junior Member
    I am new to this forum. And Boy am I excited to see all this info. Great WebSite !
18910111214»