Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

College Confidential Relaunch

Replies to: College Confidential Relaunch

• YoungOne4YoungOne4 Registered User Posts: 783 Member
    I like the new, and miss the old.
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 37,514 Super Moderator
    edited May 1
    The Top Colleges list is a list by popularity (as was posted somewhere on cc earlier today but I can’t find it at the moment) Has that changed?
    No, it has not yet changed And to clarify: The current list is based on popularity on this site at the time the list was created/modified, not by any external rankings, but it is not fluid. So a sudden surge or drop in popularity does not equal an automatic refresh.
    Post edited by skieurope on
  • jym626jym626 Registered User Posts: 55,653 Senior Member
    THe colleges that win the big basketball and football events (March madness, Big Bowl games) typically see an uptick in applications the following year. Hardly a reason to change the lists.
  • NASA2014NASA2014 Registered User Posts: 2,327 Senior Member
    What's your opinion on the new website layout? I kinda like, but all white? why not make it white and black?
    edited April 30
    What happened to the link to the original (legacy) CC archives that used to be on the bottom of the page?
  • klbmom18klbmom18 Registered User Posts: 318 Member
    @skieurope the search button has disappeared from the mobile version. it was on the top right and its gone.
    In my view, the search button went back to the center. It had been on the right earlier today.
  • notrichenoughnotrichenough Registered User Posts: 8,722 Senior Member
    Are we ever going to be able to set how many responses per page we see, like in the pre-vanilla days?

Are you ever going to take the user names out of email notifications, so gmail and other mailers can properly group the responses to the same topic?

Still think there's too much white space on the non-mobile forum pages.
  • oregon101oregon101 Registered User Posts: 5,146 Senior Member
    Do not like the new avatar at all.
    Annoying. Odd--what is it suppose to mean? Ugh.
  • dfin2013dfin2013 Registered User Posts: 216 Junior Member
    @oregon101 It's a stylized graduation cap/mortarboard :)
  • notrichenoughnotrichenough Registered User Posts: 8,722 Senior Member
    Odd--what is it suppose to mean?
    It's a mortarboard hat with a ribbon hanging off of the corner.
  • evergreen5evergreen5 Registered User Posts: 1,105 Senior Member
    edited April 30
    The fonts in the header at the top of the page with "Forums/Schools/Articles and poster information is a bit small. Is it possible to increase the size? In particular it's tough to read the [red] number of new bookmarked posts. (reading on a laptop)
    I am seeing the same small font, and that area around it takes up the top 4.5 cm of my page, a huge waste of white space. On top of Forums/Schools/Articles, centered, is the logo with a target (?) and mortarboard -- I wish it were over on the left out of the way.

Between that 4.5 cm margin and the google ad beneath it, my content (starting with the forum designation and then thread title) begins over halfway down my page. Maybe that's not dramatically different from the old version, but it feels like it's moving in the wrong direction in terms of space at the top of the page.
  • CCadmin_SorinCCadmin_Sorin Community Manager Posts: 2,129 Community Manager
    @prezbucky, I'm not able to replicate this. Please note that you can only edit a post within the first 15 minutes. If you encounter further issues, please take a screenshot and send it to [email protected] Thanks!