Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

College Confidential Relaunch

Replies to: College Confidential Relaunch

• prezbuckyprezbucky Registered User Posts: 4,297 Senior Member
    @CCadmin_Sorin

Re: 45

Maybe that was it -- trying to edit after 15 mins. I have since been able to edit posts.

Thanks for checking. :-)
  • klbmom18klbmom18 Registered User Posts: 318 Member
    Wonder if there was a website accessibility expert involved? Still have no search function on the phone unless I switch to full site.
  • twinsmamatwinsmama Registered User Posts: 1,500 Senior Member
    The symbols for notifications and messages are ridiculously small in a sea of white space. Some of us here are age-challenged.
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 37,499 Super Moderator
    Some of us here are age-challenged.
    @twinsmama Some of us that are closer in age to the twins have trouble seeing it. :)
  • surfcitysurfcity Registered User Posts: 2,353 Senior Member
    @klbmom18 I’m using the app on my phone and I have the magnifying glass icon for doing a search in the upper right corner.
  • klbmom18klbmom18 Registered User Posts: 318 Member
    Hi @surfcity the magnifying glass is now back!
  • Mezzo'sMamaMezzo'sMama Forum Champion Music Major Posts: 3,550 Forum Champion
    I'm still trying to find the Inbox for my pms. What am I missing?
  • notrichenoughnotrichenough Registered User Posts: 8,720 Senior Member
    ^ Click on your user name at the very top, then click on "inbox" on the top left.
  • thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 71,688 Senior Member
    If you are using an iPad....the little envelope for your PMs is right in the middle of the top of this page...next to your screenname.
  • lookingforwardlookingforward Registered User Posts: 29,369 Senior Member
    edited May 2
    Uh-oh. When you do an advanced search, say for a poster, you can't read the highlighted name. It's the dark blue over the black letters.
    Adding: hard enough on the tablet, worse on the phone.
  • oregon101oregon101 Registered User Posts: 5,146 Senior Member
    WHY are these changes happening?????
  • jym626jym626 Registered User Posts: 55,648 Senior Member
    Rats. Now all the previously banned posters have the same new avatar. It was much more helpful when they still had the old CC avatar.
  • surfcitysurfcity Registered User Posts: 2,353 Senior Member
    @jym626 "previously banned"? What does that mean? Does it have something to do with the little jail bars I recall seeing on people's avatars?
  • dfbdfbdfbdfb Registered User Posts: 3,637 Senior Member
    My thoughts:
    • I like the redesign in general.
    • I particularly feel that the header is a sleeker/less obnoxious look. However, it's too large, vertically speaking—it takes up too much vertical space (using Chrome on my laptop) that could be better filled with content.
    • Most of what I use CC for is the forums, and they're still quite clunky, really. Are we ever going to get an update to their architecture to make them more easily usable (e.g., being able to search for a forum name directly rather than having to scroll through the list in the advanced search)?
  • menloparkmommenloparkmom Registered User Posts: 12,590 Senior Member
    @CCadmin_Sorin
    "You need the Vanilla.Comments.Edit permission to do that."
    HUH?
    what does THAT mean?? I have gotten that "warning "message twice today .