right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

College Confidential Relaunch

Replies to: College Confidential Relaunch

• thumper1thumper1 75283 replies3303 threads Senior Member
    Rats. Now all the previously banned posters have the same new avatar. It was much more helpful when they still had the old CC avatar.

@jym626 look again. The dearly departed have a different atatar than say...mine.

It’s now...but not the same as everyone who is active!
    · Reply · Share
  • jym626jym626 55888 replies2908 threads Senior Member
    OOh, a nice update, @thumper1 !
    · Reply · Share
  • lookingforwardlookingforward 34593 replies385 threads Senior Member
    edited May 2018
    ? On the full site, I see the old avatar. But on mobile, it's the new one.
    (I mean for banned posters.)
    edited May 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • oregon101oregon101 5521 replies136 threads Senior Member
    I have only been here since 2009 but I really have never really understood the jail bars or the banned.
    I guess it is time I asked--even though I feel silly--!?
    · Reply · Share
  • MaineLonghornMaineLonghorn 38838 replies2131 threads Super Moderator
    Jail bars are given for either one very serious violation of the Terms of Service, or several more minor violations that add up. There's a point system for it. The moderators didn't design it!

We ban posters if their very first post is a TOS violation (usually it's spamming). It takes several violations for someone to be banned, typically. Or sometimes a user will respond very abusively to a moderator, and that's a bannable offense. It takes a LOT for a long-time user to be banned - we give second and third chances! It still happens, though.

If you have further questions about moderation, you can send me a PM. :)
    · Reply · Share
  • skieuropeskieurope 39649 replies7203 threads Super Moderator
    edited May 2018
    If you have further questions about moderation, you can send me a PM. :)
    Or me. :)
    ? On the full site, I see the old avatar. But on mobile, it's the new one.
    (I mean for banned posters.)
    Hmmm. on both mobile and laptop, I see the new avatar for banned posters, whether they were banned this morning or years ago. Weird.
    edited May 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • doschicosdoschicos 21470 replies224 threads Senior Member
    Who cares about banned posters if they've already been banned?
    · Reply · Share
    @doschicos sometimes it’s nice to know if a poster is amongst the departed...so I don’t write a response to them.
    · Reply · Share
  • oregon101oregon101 5521 replies136 threads Senior Member
    Thanks!
    · Reply · Share
  • InitialGasInitialGas 13 replies3 threads Junior Member
    @CCadmin_Sorin Hey, can you help me figure out how I can dm a specific person on college confidential? I really need your help.
    · Reply · Share
  • doschicosdoschicos 21470 replies224 threads Senior Member
    @Semere You need to have 15 posts before you can send a private message to someone. However, you can receive them and reply back sooner.
    · Reply · Share
    edited May 2018
    @CCadmin_Sorin Hey, can you help me figure out how I can dm a specific person on college confidential? I really need your help.
    You need 15 posts to DM @Semere
    https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/community-forum-issues/2064380-updates-to-the-membership-levels.html#latest
    edited May 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • bodanglesbodangles 8628 replies557 threads Senior Member
    If you're on desktop, you might be able to hover over the picture on their profile and it'll say "username (Banned)". At least if they haven't changed it in the update. Not sure how to do it on mobile.
    · Reply · Share
  • LucieTheLakieLucieTheLakie 3899 replies164 threads Senior Member
    @jym626 look again. The dearly departed have a different atatar than say...mine.
    @thumper1, that new avatar for banned members (the one that includes a bullseye) is the same icon that appears at the top of the entire revamped website when viewed on a PC or on my iPhone. I've tried raising the issue a few times (including through DM), to no avail.

It's still not clear to me if it's intentional or a mistake, but it seems odd that they'd intentionally choose the same icon to connote both "Welcome!" and "banned."
    · Reply · Share
    @LucieTheLakie I totally missed that subtle distinction of the bullseye. You are correct. Tagging @CCadmin_Sorin
    · Reply · Share
  • LucieTheLakieLucieTheLakie 3899 replies164 threads Senior Member
    @skieurope, thanks. I sent him a DM yesterday at @MaineLonghorn's suggestion.
    · Reply · Share
    edited May 2018
    Folks...I totally agree...it’s weird that the welcome and the boot are the same icon...

Maybe they goofed.

The easiest way to fix this...get rid of the bullseye on the welcome spot. Just use the grad cap.

@CCadmin_Sorin
    edited May 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • coolweathercoolweather 5878 replies82 threads Senior Member
    I wish there is a way to cancel a draft. Right now I have to write ............ or deleted or 10 chars and post. Or to save the draft and can only delete it a couple days later.
    · Reply · Share
    edited May 2018
    @coolweather

Is this a recent thing? I’ve been able to delete saved drafts within minutes of saving them.

Once you POST a post, you can no longer delete it...you can only edit...and would need to write “post deleted” or something like that.

But a draft? That can be deleted.

ETA....I just did a response here and saved it as a draft...and I also just deleted it...no problem.
    edited May 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • coolweathercoolweather 5878 replies82 threads Senior Member
    edited May 2018
    I can delete the draft now. I was not able to delete the saved drafts right away in the past. Thanks.
    edited May 2018
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity