Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Delete forum??

thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 70,454 Senior Member
Is there any chance you can delete the elections and politics forum? It’s been closed since 2010. Seems silly to even have it listed any longer.

@CCadmin_Sorin

Replies to: Delete forum??

• MaineLonghornMaineLonghorn Super Moderator Posts: 35,703 Super Moderator
    I would like that, too.
  • CCadmin_SorinCCadmin_Sorin Community Manager Posts: 2,087 Community Manager
    I'll bring it up and will get back with an update. Thanks!
  • intparentintparent Registered User Posts: 34,172 Senior Member
    Can you imagine it now?!?
  • capcap Registered User Posts: 921 Member
    Also, most of the forums seem to have things pinned that are no longer relevant. It gets very annoying to scroll down a whole page past that stuff. Can they be unpinned so they drop down?
  • CCadmin_SorinCCadmin_Sorin Community Manager Posts: 2,087 Community Manager
    After having discussed it with my colleagues, we concluded that, as per our policy, we will not delete that forum (as you know we do not delete threads, replies, accounts, forums). The Elections & Politics forum is closed since 2010, so it's not generating new activity. That makes it easy for our community members to simply ignore it. Those who want to linger in there are welcomed.
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 36,078 Super Moderator
    edited August 8
    @cap Feel free to bring it to the attention of the Forum Champion:
    https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/community-forum-issues/2094692-introducing-the-forum-champions-team.html

If there is no champion for a particular forum, you can flag a pinned post for a moderator to review.

Keep in mind that "relevant" is subjective. I personally feel, as examples, that the number of pinned threads in the financial aid and musical theater forums makes it cluttered, but the users who traffic those areas most frequently disagree.
    Post edited by skieurope on