Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Problems with Posting

TomSrOfBostonTomSrOfBoston Registered User Posts: 14,278 Senior Member
edited August 19 in Community & Forum Issues
I wrote a post, hit Post Comment and it saved as a draft. After multiple attempts it finally posted but I was unable to edit the comment even within the 15 minute window. Desktop, Explorer Windows 10. @CCadmin_Sorin

https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/college-search-selection/2096127-not-factoring-freshman-grades.html#latest

EDIT: Okay, I was posting a link to prepscholar that may not be allowed. but there was no error message or notice that the post was being reviewed.

Replies to: Problems with Posting

• skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 38,514 Super Moderator
    edited August 20
    I was posting a link to prepscholar that may not be allowed
    Links to prepscholar are not allowed, so I assume at some point you edited out the link to be able to post. The pop-up is subtle, but it is there.
    Post edited by skieurope on
  • TomSrOfBostonTomSrOfBoston Registered User Posts: 14,278 Senior Member
    @skieurope Yeah I figured that out before the edit time was up. :) But initially when I hit Post Comment the comment just disappeared. If there was a pop up it was extremely subtle.
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 38,514 Super Moderator
    edited August 20
    But initially when I hit Post Comment the comment just disappeared.
    Yes, unless the post had been saved to draft, the post disappears from your view once you hit post.
    If there was a pop up it was extremely subtle.
    It's in the lower-left corner, disappears after a few seconds and yes, it's very subtle, probably too subtle, particular for users who have never seen it.