right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Our Fresh New Look Is Here

Replies to: Our Fresh New Look Is Here

• emilybeeemilybee 13146 replies35 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    “You need to post this info prominently on each forum open page. Most folks aren’t going to even be able to find this...never mind that most people do not read this area.”

@thumper1,

Fugetaboutit. They already closed the thread on it on Parent Cafe. SMH.

I only found this page because I got an offer for a CC sweatshirt and clicked on a link in the message.

I only found Parent Cafe because I have it bookmarked in my favorites on my Ipad.

· Reply · Share
  • CottonTalesCottonTales 1269 replies21 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Osmosis
    · Reply · Share
  • notrichenoughnotrichenough 9197 replies32 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    We’ve also improved the mobile experience, now offering consistency across desktop, mobile and tablet formats.
    Or maybe you should adapt the layout to play to the strengths of each particular device, since each device provides a drastically UX.

Sheesh.

Please fix the reply box, OMG is it annoying.
    · Reply · Share
  • PoohNDisneyPoohNDisney 27 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    The most recent posts aren't at the top of the forum list anymore. Is there a setting that I am not seeing?
    · Reply · Share
  • skieuropeskieurope 39277 replies7019 threadsSuper Moderator Super Moderator
    @doschicos College Life
    https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/college-life/
    It's under "College Admissions and Search"
    · Reply · Share
  • MaineLonghornMaineLonghorn 38447 replies2106 threadsSuper Moderator Super Moderator
    @Lindagaf College Life is under College Admissions and Search.

If there are other fora you can't find, please post them here and I will hunt for them.
    · Reply · Share
  • emilybeeemilybee 13146 replies35 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited June 25
    If I try to access my bookmarks when I am in the Parent Cafe - only three come up. If I pull down list with my finger (I’m on an iPad) I can see them but cannot click on “all bookmarks” without the page covering it up again.

I don’t have that problem when I’m in this (Community and Forum Issue) forum.

ETA that it’s now doing the same thing with bookmarks on this page, too.

Would be great if we could post screen shots on this site so those who have to deal with these issues, could see what the pages look like.

edited June 25
    · Reply · Share
  • notrichenoughnotrichenough 9197 replies32 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    so I'm guessing the forum still uses VBulletin?
    The forums use Vanilla as the underlying platform, some of the old bbcode stuff still works though.

Just turned off my ad blocker, and what do I see - a floating ad window that pins itself at the top of the window, with "allow=autoplay". So say hello to video ads that will automatically play themselves and follow you around as you scroll! One of the worst features of current website design... maybe it was there before? Idk, I never run with my adblocker off.
    · Reply · Share
  • homerdoghomerdog 5066 replies93 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Ugh. The video on the right. I want that to go away. I am glad to know, though, that I’m not the most active member. Lol.
    · Reply · Share
  • orangepurpleorangepurple 175 replies15 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Is there a way to turn off the videos in the corner? I just can't focus on reading the forum posts with that amount of movement taking up half my vision. Guess I won't be wasting as much time on this site any more!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity