right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Our Fresh New Look Is Here

Replies to: Our Fresh New Look Is Here

• SoofDadSoofDad 1256 replies39 threads Senior Member
    I am not a fan of this new format
    · Reply · Share
  • soozievtsoozievt ! 31624 replies375 threads Senior Member
    edited June 2019
    @notrichenough......thanks, now, I see. But gosh, I'm a 17 year veteran of this site and if I had trouble finding it, I doubt that the members who are just active on the Musical Theater Forum, are going to find it.

A master list of all discussion forums as in the past should be readily accessible.
    AND the massive scrolling down to things is not good. Too little can be viewed in a window.

As far as the ad/video, I count myself lucky. It was not on the side or top of my screen. I do use an Ad Blocker but I don't think that video is an ad. Once I scroll far down the page, I see there is a video but it is not on my screen unless I scroll very far down the page, so it doesn't bother me.

I'm on a Mac laptop. Using Safari.
    edited June 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • my-3-sonsmy-3-sons 2960 replies49 threads Senior Member
    I’ve only accessed the new site on my phone and it is very hard on the eyes.
    · Reply · Share
  • soozievtsoozievt ! 31624 replies375 threads Senior Member
    @jym626 The edit window of 15 minutes on a post still exists.
    · Reply · Share
  • notrichenoughnotrichenough 9366 replies33 threads Senior Member
    Various ad blocking features within Chrome and within Safari do nothing to the video for me
    Chrome's built-in ad blocking only blocks ads that google considers "annoying". You need to install a separate ad blocking extension like AdBlock or AdBlock Plus or uBlock Origin.
    · Reply · Share
  • CountingDownCountingDown 13733 replies113 threads Senior Member
    The white background is giving me headaches. Just turned down my monitor by 1/3 so it's not blinding. ^^^Yes, drafts are now auto-saved. One of my drafts just popped up here after I had exited and rebooted my desktop.
    · Reply · Share
  • CottonTalesCottonTales 1501 replies22 threads Senior Member
    This is bull crap.
    · Reply · Share
  • jym626jym626 57680 replies3023 threads Senior Member
    edited June 2019
    Just installed adblock on chrome Whew. Goodbye horrible PR autoplay video! (It is still there, @vonlost, when I look on IE. It's not gone, unfortunately)
    edited June 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • evergreen5evergreen5 2004 replies38 threads Senior Member
    edited June 2019
    @notrichenough Thank you! I installed AdBlock Plus. (I'm never sure who to trust with extensions!) The video seems to be gone! A step in the right direction. I can breathe again.
    edited June 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • RichInPittRichInPitt 2243 replies36 threads Senior Member
    edited June 2019
    Please tell me there’s a way to see more than 4 topics at a time on my iPad. This is ridiculous.

My D is looking to major in CS/UX/Human Computer Interaction. She’s having field day taking notes for a “how not to do it” case study.
    edited June 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • jym626jym626 57680 replies3023 threads Senior Member
    What happened to the search and advanced search options??
    · Reply · Share
  • ucbalumnusucbalumnus 83345 replies741 threads Senior Member
    1NJParent wrote:
    Beside slower response time, which I hope will be resolved in time, this new interface displays much less information on a page, requiring too much scrolling and too many additional clicks to get to the right page. The new trend in aesthetics influenced by mobile-centric computing shouldn't come at the expense of usability.

"Slower response time" probably means more data being sent (autoplaying video ads can consume a lot of data), so if this is "mobile-centric", it may be counter productive if each page load consumes a lot more of one's allocation of mobile data ("unlimited" data plans typically do come with a limit after which users above the limit get much slower data).
    · Reply · Share
    Please tell me there’s a way to see more than 4 topics at a time on my iPad.

Reduce your font size.
    · Reply · Share
    so if this is "mobile-centric", it may be counter productive if each page load consumes a lot more of one's allocation of mobile data

I use an ad-blocking browser on my phone for this issue, and for battery life - loading all the ads and playing video will drain your phone in a hurry.
    · Reply · Share
  • CottonTalesCottonTales 1501 replies22 threads Senior Member
    I don't see times where posts we're made. But I am seeing the double spacing here.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity