Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Our Fresh New Look Is Here

Replies to: Our Fresh New Look Is Here

• SoofDadSoofDad 1098 replies36 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    I am not a fan of this new format
    · Reply · Share
  • soozievtsoozievt 31385 replies371 postsRegistered User, ! Senior Member
    edited June 25
    @notrichenough......thanks, now, I see. But gosh, I'm a 17 year veteran of this site and if I had trouble finding it, I doubt that the members who are just active on the Musical Theater Forum, are going to find it.

A master list of all discussion forums as in the past should be readily accessible.
    AND the massive scrolling down to things is not good. Too little can be viewed in a window.

As far as the ad/video, I count myself lucky. It was not on the side or top of my screen. I do use an Ad Blocker but I don't think that video is an ad. Once I scroll far down the page, I see there is a video but it is not on my screen unless I scroll very far down the page, so it doesn't bother me.

I'm on a Mac laptop. Using Safari.
    edited June 25
    · Reply · Share
  • my-3-sonsmy-3-sons 2905 replies49 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    I’ve only accessed the new site on my phone and it is very hard on the eyes.
    · Reply · Share
  • soozievtsoozievt 31385 replies371 postsRegistered User, ! Senior Member
    @jym626 The edit window of 15 minutes on a post still exists.
    · Reply · Share
  • notrichenoughnotrichenough 9174 replies32 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Various ad blocking features within Chrome and within Safari do nothing to the video for me
    Chrome's built-in ad blocking only blocks ads that google considers "annoying". You need to install a separate ad blocking extension like AdBlock or AdBlock Plus or uBlock Origin.
    · Reply · Share
  • CountingDownCountingDown 13345 replies110 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    The white background is giving me headaches. Just turned down my monitor by 1/3 so it's not blinding. ^^^Yes, drafts are now auto-saved. One of my drafts just popped up here after I had exited and rebooted my desktop.
    · Reply · Share
  • CottonTalesCottonTales 1193 replies20 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    This is bull crap.
    · Reply · Share
  • jym626jym626 55088 replies2858 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited June 25
    Just installed adblock on chrome Whew. Goodbye horrible PR autoplay video! (It is still there, @vonlost, when I look on IE. It's not gone, unfortunately)
    edited June 25
    · Reply · Share
  • evergreen5evergreen5 1423 replies30 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited June 25
    @notrichenough Thank you! I installed AdBlock Plus. (I'm never sure who to trust with extensions!) The video seems to be gone! A step in the right direction. I can breathe again.
    edited June 25
    · Reply · Share
  • RichInPittRichInPitt 667 replies8 postsRegistered User Member
    edited June 25
    Please tell me there’s a way to see more than 4 topics at a time on my iPad. This is ridiculous.

My D is looking to major in CS/UX/Human Computer Interaction. She’s having field day taking notes for a “how not to do it” case study.
    edited June 25
    · Reply · Share
  • jym626jym626 55088 replies2858 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    What happened to the search and advanced search options??
    · Reply · Share
  • ucbalumnusucbalumnus 77078 replies671 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    1NJParent wrote:
    Beside slower response time, which I hope will be resolved in time, this new interface displays much less information on a page, requiring too much scrolling and too many additional clicks to get to the right page. The new trend in aesthetics influenced by mobile-centric computing shouldn't come at the expense of usability.

"Slower response time" probably means more data being sent (autoplaying video ads can consume a lot of data), so if this is "mobile-centric", it may be counter productive if each page load consumes a lot more of one's allocation of mobile data ("unlimited" data plans typically do come with a limit after which users above the limit get much slower data).
    · Reply · Share
    Please tell me there’s a way to see more than 4 topics at a time on my iPad.

Reduce your font size.
    · Reply · Share
    so if this is "mobile-centric", it may be counter productive if each page load consumes a lot more of one's allocation of mobile data

I use an ad-blocking browser on my phone for this issue, and for battery life - loading all the ads and playing video will drain your phone in a hurry.
    · Reply · Share
  • CottonTalesCottonTales 1193 replies20 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    I don't see times where posts we're made. But I am seeing the double spacing here.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity