right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

HELP! UT Austin Chances

collegegirl2487collegegirl2487 17 replies10 threads Junior Member
Hello,

I would like advice and opinions on my chances of getting into UT Austin. I am out of state. My GPA is 4.1 and UW 3.8. I have 31 ACT (36 english, 25 math). My extracurriculars are: intern at company, NYU summer business program, VP of culture club, volunteer for organizations, National Honor Society, California Scholarship Federation, Study buddy (tutoring), Varsity dance team, Lacrosse team, employee at 5 star resort. I have done an official tour of the campus and my dad went there. I am getting a letter of rec from someone who is on the board but I'm not sure how far that will go. I am applying early action. I really want to go there. What are my chances? Also, what do you suggest I can do to increase my chances?
edited September 2019
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: HELP! UT Austin Chances

• momofsenior1momofsenior1 11068 replies137 threads Senior Member
    UT is a reach for all OOS applicants because they mostly fill their class with instate applicants. Have a balanced list with match and safety schools along with the reach to UT.
    · Reply · Share
  • coolguy40coolguy40 3062 replies8 threads Senior Member
    edited September 2019
    UT reserves 90% of applicants for in-state residents. That brings your chances of admissions to no more than 10%. Plus, being out of state, you'd be paying triple the tuition. It's not worth it. There's nothing UT offers that your state flagship doesn't already offer...at a fraction of the cost.
    edited September 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • MaineLonghornMaineLonghorn 42856 replies2307 threads Super Moderator
    Even as a loyal Longhorn, I agree with @coolguy40. There are so many good schools in California! Don't pay extra for UT.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity