right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

Do I Apply?

fishbatesfishbates 8 replies6 threads New Member
edited October 23 in What Are My Chances?
Hi,

So application season is rolling up, and I am a little stuck. I have already applied to some schools early, but was hoping to apply to UChiago ealy as well. The problem is, the deadline is like literally 10 days away. I also don't know given my stats (I'll put them below) if it is worth it to apply? I was hoping for RD to apply to a couple of other reach schools as well, but am concerned about spending the money if there is a next to nothing chance of being admitted. So I guess my question is, given my stats, do I take the chances to apply to:
- Uchicago
- Yale
-Dartmouth
-Cornell
-Vanderbilt
-Tulane (EA)
- Brown (ED)
- Case Western (EA)
- Northeastern (EA)

In all honesty I do not expect to get into any of these schools given how low the odds are, but I'm willing to try if there is a slight chance (don't worry, I have some safeties too:)

I'll put my stats below (it feels weird to put this on the internet eek)

- from RI (unrepresented area?)
- white female from public school
- will graduate with 8 AP classes
- wants to study neuroscience w/ minor in comparative lit
- 4.9 weighted gpa on 5.0 scale
- 8/226
- 1470 sat (a little below average for some of the schools above). Waiting on second score to possible superscore

Extracurriculars:
- varsity indoor and outdoor track
- 10 years of soccer
- part of school coalition group, where I attended convention in DC and spoke with state representative about issues in school
- junior board member of town coalition group
- buddying up club
- peer 2 peer
- YYGS
- worked a 2 jobs the past few summers
- freshman mentor
-currently working towards EMT license
- ran project my sophomore year to reopen school clothing closet to make clothes available to students in need
- model in state style week
- math team
- secretary of NHS

Wow that was a lot of information so sorry about that. That is essentially my entire college application word-vomitted onto this page.
I appreciate any input, thank you!

edited October 23
0 replies
Post edited by vonlost on
· Reply · Share