Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.
Visit our COVID-19 resource page.
Your College Confidential guide bot.
Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.
IMPORTANT NEWS:CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!
So application season is rolling up, and I am a little stuck. I have already applied to some schools early, but was hoping to apply to UChiago ealy as well. The problem is, the deadline is like literally 10 days away. I also don't know given my stats (I'll put them below) if it is worth it to apply? I was hoping for RD to apply to a couple of other reach schools as well, but am concerned about spending the money if there is a next to nothing chance of being admitted. So I guess my question is, given my stats, do I take the chances to apply to:
- Brown (ED)
- Case Western (EA)
- Northeastern (EA)
In all honesty I do not expect to get into any of these schools given how low the odds are, but I'm willing to try if there is a slight chance (don't worry, I have some safeties too:)
I'll put my stats below (it feels weird to put this on the internet eek)
- from RI (unrepresented area?)
- white female from public school
- will graduate with 8 AP classes
- wants to study neuroscience w/ minor in comparative lit
- 4.9 weighted gpa on 5.0 scale
- 1470 sat (a little below average for some of the schools above). Waiting on second score to possible superscore
- varsity indoor and outdoor track
- 10 years of soccer
- part of school coalition group, where I attended convention in DC and spoke with state representative about issues in school
- junior board member of town coalition group
- buddying up club
- peer 2 peer
- worked a 2 jobs the past few summers
- freshman mentor
-currently working towards EMT license
- ran project my sophomore year to reopen school clothing closet to make clothes available to students in need
- model in state style week
- math team
- secretary of NHS
Wow that was a lot of information so sorry about that. That is essentially my entire college application word-vomitted onto this page.
I appreciate any input, thank you!