Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Class of 2014 applicants!!

mossesgetchmossesgetch Registered User Posts: 103 Junior Member
edited January 2010 in Connecticut College
So who is applying this year?
List if you are RD/ED, Major, SATs/ACTs, GPA, Location, Extracurriculars, everything
Post edited by mossesgetch on

Replies to: Class of 2014 applicants!!

• nightpwnsj00nightpwnsj00 Registered User Posts: 482 Member
    Hi! I'm from Long Island, and I'm applying RD.
    Prospective Major(s): Anthropology/Philosophy
    GPA: 4.0 W & UW
    CR: 21/603
    ACT: 28, but I didn't send it
    ECs: Marching Band (section leader), Yearbook (editor), Literary Magazine (treasurer), Pit Orchestra, NHS, Art Honors Society, Girl Scouts, Jazz Band.

Good luck everyone!
  • mossesgetchmossesgetch Registered User Posts: 103 Junior Member
    BUMP

My GOD, isn't anybody interested in Connecticut college? Why aren't there a lot of conn students on CC? Even the applicants are weak. Is anyone ashamed that he/she is applying to conncoll? I seriously don't get it
    BUMP

My GOD, isn't anybody interested in Connecticut college? Why aren't there a lot of conn students on CC? Even the applicants are weak. Is anyone ashamed that he/she is applying to conncoll? I seriously don't get it
  • nns91nns91 Registered User Posts: 1,292 Senior Member
    I am applying EDII. Do you guys know when the decision should be out for EDII ? I am nervous since Conn has already accepted 1 person from my country and hundreds have applied either RD or EDII.
  • SaintSaensSaintSaens Registered User Posts: 1,249 Senior Member
    Mossegetch, usually the lesser known LAC's don't get too much attention on CC. The applicants I've seen on this section have posted some competitive stats.

nns91, ED2 decisions are sent in mid-February.
    So it should be out by Feb 15 ?
  • tagbandatagbanda Registered User Posts: 141 Junior Member
    EDII.
    SAT II: 1600
    International
    Don't know how to convert to GPA, but expecting mostly, if not all, 'A's on A Levels.
    Decent ECs.
    Good essays and hopefully great recommendations.
    Hey have any of you gotten a confirmation about the receipt of your application. Cause I sure haven't. Every other school I have applied to has sent me a notification letter regarding the status of my application. But for some reason Connecticut...zilch
  • tagbandatagbanda Registered User Posts: 141 Junior Member
    I was informed when they weren't able to find part of my application. I guess they will contact you also if they've processed everything they've received and still find somethings missing. I guess you could contact them.
    I have contacted the admission office. they said that they would notify me when they find any part missing. Thus, I assume that if you do not receive anything, it means that you are fine.
  • hbrad8002hbrad8002 Registered User Posts: 383 Member
    I apply ED to Conncoll
    just more than 2 weeks before the ED notification, yet I haven't received any confirmation...
    does anyone know anything about this?
    I don't think we are supposed to receive any confirmation. I am applying EDII and I just contacted the school 2 days ago.
This discussion has been closed.