right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Schools are not offering in-person tours because of COVID-19, but many offer virtual tours. Check out our directory of virtual campus tours we know about right now.
Many schools have delayed their deadlines for enrollment due to COVID-19. Check out our exclusive directory of extended deadlines we know about right now.
STUDENT GUEST OF THE WEEK: Ethan is a burgeoning tech enthusiast who got accepted into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Duke, Brown. This week he's answering your questions on how to best craft your application and narrow down your college search/decision process. ASK HIM ANYTHING!

Cornell Admission Prospects

twobaplayatwobaplaya 6 replies8 threads New Member
Hey everyone! Here are my stats, please let me know about my likelihood of getting into Cornell.
I'm a sophomore in Toronto, Canada. I'm currently in pre-IB and my dream school is Cornell. My current rolling average is around 88%. I plan to continue with IB, taking 3 HLs- English, Math, and Economics. I also plan to take SATs, aiming for a score of 2200+.

My extra curricular activities include:
DECA
FBLA (NLC qualifier)
Oxfam leader (1 hr/week)
Wind Ensemble, (which I will be dropping next year) (1hr/week)
Symphonic Band (2hrs/week)
(Both of these ensembles are MusicFest Canada national qualifiers)
Music Council Executive (I am the media representative this year but I am likely to be elected as president next year.).(at least 2hrs/week, not including planning done outside of meetings)
Tutoring a third grader in Math and English (1hr/week)
Music Tutoring (time spent depends on number of tutees)

I am hoping to major in either Economics or something to do with Biology or Public Health. Other than SAT I, are there any subject tests I should take for these majors? Please give me any tips that you may have! Thanks in advance :)
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Cornell Admission Prospects

• twobaplayatwobaplaya 6 replies8 threads New Member
    I don't know if this is relevant, but I am also a female of Chinese descent.
    I have also played piano since I was 4, up until just before my sophomore year. I completed and received the RCM Grade 8 certificate, and finished the practical exams for the Grade 10 certificate.
    · Reply · Share
  • T26E4T26E4 23243 replies1031 threads Senior Member
    Do you mean Cornell in Ithaca, NY (Ivy League) or Cornell College in Iowa?
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity