Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Outdoor Odyssey: Which to choose?

DarnAnemoneDarnAnemone Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
edited May 2011 in Cornell University
So, I've decided I want to go on the Outdoor Odyssey trip before orientation because it looks super fun, but I can't decide which one to choose! They all look awesome. I have asthma and am not extra-athletic, so I don't want to go on a killer hard one, but I am motivated and willing to push myself, so I also don't want one where everyone just wants to laze around the whole time.
Does anyone have any advice? Thanks! :)
Post edited by DarnAnemone on

Replies to: Outdoor Odyssey: Which to choose?

• TKsmomTKsmom Registered User Posts: 465 Member
    They are all good. D has asthma and did the 4 day back pack trip. She loved it. the pace is easy, you do have to be in a bit of shape as you carry 35# on your back as you walk.
  • DarnAnemoneDarnAnemone Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    Thanks for the advice!
  • captrickcaptrick Registered User Posts: 262 Junior Member
    This might sound kinda uninformed, but is backpacking just taking a backpack and walk around the mountain and stuff? Does it involve camping? Because I love camping.
  • TboonepickensTboonepickens Registered User Posts: 1,037 Senior Member
    Hey,
    This is a message for all prefrosh from a current sophomore. I highly suggest you do an outdoor odyssey trip. It is a great experience and the outdoor odyssey community is a great community of friends to have as a freshman in a totally new environment. Its not only a great 5 days, its a great community for the whole year and beyond.
This discussion has been closed.